CS 7400 - Digital Audio
Lecturer: David Murphy
Office: Brighton Villas No 1-2 (first floor)
Tel: 490 3579
Contact Hours: To be decided...
|Assignment Term 1
|Written Test (end of Term 1)
|Assignment Term 2
The due dates of assignment are strict and any delay will cause
penalties (10 % a day). Assignments should be done individually
and plagiarism will be punished (at least 50% penalty). Assignments
should be announced at least four weeks before their deadlines.
The aim of this course is to give the student a detailed review
of the various concepts, processes, and technologies used in computer
- Sampling Theory
- Digital Signal Processing
- Sound Recording, Editing and Post-Production
- Speech Synthesis, Processing, and Recognition
- MIDI Language and Protocol
- Sound Synthesis
- Compression Techniques for Sound (e.g. MP3)
- Sound for DVD and DVD-A
- Java Sound API
- Francis Rumsey (2001) The Audio Workstation Handbook, Focal Press.
- Ken. C. Pohlmann (1995) Principals Of Digital Audio,, McGraw Hill.
- Curtis Roads (1996) The Computer Music Tutorial, MIT Press.
- David M. Howard and James Angus (1996) Acoustics and Psychoacoustics, Focal Press.