CS 7100 - Computer Graphics and Animation
Lecturer: Dr Sabin Tabirca
Office: Brighton Villas No 1-2 (second floor)
Tel: 490 3662
Contact Hours: Monday 11-13
|Assignment Term 1
|Assignment Term 2
The due dates of assignment are strict and any delay will cause
penalties (10 % a day). Assignments should be done individually
and plagiarism will be punished (at least 50% penalty). Assignments
should be announced at least four weeks before their deadlines.
The aim of this course is to introduce some Computer Graphics and
Animation knowledge using Java programming.
- Introduction to Java (5 Weeks)
- Java data types, operators, statements
- Java methods, classes
- The Graphics class: simple applets
- GUI design in awt / swing (5 weeks)
- awt / swing components: labels, buttons, textfields etc.
- awt / swing containers, layouts
- awt / swing frames
- awt / swing menus
- Turtle and Fractal graphics (2 Weeks)
- Turtle Graphics and deterministic fractals: trees, Koch, etc.
- Julia and Mandelbrot's fractals
- 2D Graphics (3 Weeks)
- Basic 2D shapes
- Bezier curves
- 2D transformations
- Images in Java (3 weeks)
- The Image class: simple applets for loading, processing
- The BufferedImage class
- Classical image transformations
- Animation and Games in Java (3 weeks)
- How to do animation is Java: simple examples
- How to construct a simple game in Java
- Multimedia for Mobile Devices (3 weeks)
- GUI interfaces for mobile phones
- Images, sounds for mobile phones
- Animations, games for mobile phones
- Peter Cooley (2001) The Essence of Computer Graphics, Prentice-Hall.
- Jonathan Knudsen (2001) Java 2D Graphics, O'Reilly Publ.
- Steve Holzner (2000) The Java Black Book, Coriolis Press.
- Jonathan Knudsen (2004) Wireless Java; Developing with J2ME, APress.
- V.D. Foley (1996) Introduction to Computer Graphics,, Addison-Wesley Publ.
- Collection of my e-Java Books .
- Collection of Java Books from UCC e-Library.